Pasta with No Cook Tomato Sauce and Ricotta Salata
3 pounds fresh, best-quality tomatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound dried pasta of your choice
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 cup grated ricotta salt (or parmesan if that’s what you have)
a drizzle of good olive oil
- Make a small X in each of the tomatoes and drop into boiling water for about 30 seconds or until you can see the peels moving away from the flesh of the tomato.
- Remove from heat and drain. When cool enough to handle, peel tomatoes.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters with remove seeds with your fingers.
- Dice tomatoes and place into a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Let marinate at room temperature until ready to use, but at least for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain.
- Toss the pasta with the fresh sauce and basil.
- Top with grated cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.