Roasted Fall Vegetable Pasta
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
1 pound pasta (preferably whole wheat), campanella, gemelli, fusilli (something with some curves)
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bit-sized pieces
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seed, and cut into 1″ cubes
1 small red onion, peeled and sliced in 1/4″ wedges
1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup bread crumb (we like using Panko for added crunch)
grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss butternut squash, cauliflower, onions, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until vegetables are evenly coated with oil. Pour out onto a sheet pan and roast in oven for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and begin to brown.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Follow directions on the pasta box and cook until al dente (tender but with a bite). Drain and pour into a large serving bowl.
- With a metal spatula, scrape the vegetables off the sheet pan and into the bowl with the pasta. Toss together.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumb, parmesan, a bit more olive oil and ground black pepper.